The I-290B Notice of Appeal or Motion is used to notify USCIS that you are appealing, or filing a motion to reopen, or a motion to reconsider, an adverse decision of USCIS. A Motion to Reopen is based on new facts, evidence, or a change in law or policy that you believe makes the original ruling incorrect. A Motion to Reconsider is used when you believe that the decision was based on an incorrect application of the law or policy. At Tsang & Associates, we will help you discern which type is appropriate for you if you are dissatisfied with the original USCIS ruling. Our attorneys will assess your circumstances and assist you in meeting all the requirements. Consultations are free and we look forward to speaking with you.


Our attorney will prepare a complete I-290 application, in addition to providing you:

  • Attorney Representation
  • Supporting Document Preparation

In short, we provide a start to finish service. Your case is safe with us until the case is complete. 


Legal Fee $1,500

Free Consultation

*Legal Fees vary based on complexity of each case, and the above quoted price represents the amount we charge for a typical case. 



  1. Applicant must be filing within 30 calendar days after personal service of the decisions, 33 calendar days if the decision was mailed. An appeal relating to a revocation of an immigrant petition must be filed within 15 calendar days after personal service of the decisions, 18 calendar days if the decisions was mailed.


  1. The beneficiary of a visa petition that is denied or revoked may not file an appeal or a motion of that visa petition, only a petitioner may;
  2. A petitioner whose Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) or Petition for Widow(er) filed on Form I-360 was denied or revoked by USCIS may not use Form I-290B to file an appeal;
  3. Applicant may not use this form to file an appeal or motion for a Form I-601A (Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver) or Form I-821D (Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) denial;
  4. Applicant may not use this form to appeal a Department of State overseas consular officer's denial of applicant's visa application;
  5. Applicant may not use this form to file an appeal on a Special Agricultural Worker (SAW) or Legalization Application.