EB-2A ADVANCED DEGREE PROFESSIONALS
For those with advanced degrees in professional jobs to immigrate and work in that field
Key Points to Establish
- Possess such an advanced degree or its equivalent (a baccalaureate degree plus 5 years progressive work experience in the field).
- A job offer in the U.S. that requires an advanced degree
If you want to learn more or want to take the next step, here is our N-400 naturalization process, checklist, and fees.
- The job the applicant is applying for must require an advanced degree;
- Applicant must possess such an advanced degree or its equivalent (a baccalaureate degree plus 5 years progressive work experience in the field);
- Applicant must have documentation, such as an official academic record, showing that they have a U.S. advanced degree or a foreign equivalent;
- U.S. employer must seek labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor that the employer has gone through an adequate recruiting process and rightly determined that no qualified American workers are willing and available to take the job, thus necessitating that the employer turn to foreign sources of labor.