The EB-4 Special Immigrant Religious Workers classification allows ministers and non-ministers in religious vocations and occupations to immigrate to obtain their permanent resident status. In order to do so, however, you must have been working for the religious group for at least two years prior to making the application. At Tsang & Associates, our attorneys will assess your circumstances and assist you in meeting the requirements. Consultations are free and we look forward to speaking with you.


We will prepare an attorney cover letter along with all forms and supporting documents for the EB-4 petition, including:

  • Working Plan
  • Interview Preparation

In short, we provide a start to finish service. Your case is safe with us until the case is complete. 


Legal Fee $4,000 -$12,000

Free Consultation

*Legal Fees vary based on complexity of each case, and the above quoted price represents the amount we charge for a typical case. 




  1. Applicant must be a member of this religious denomination for at least two years;
  2. Applicant must be a part of a qualifying religious organization, such that:
    1. The organization is a bona fide, nonprofit, religious organization that is exempt from taxation; or
    2. The organization is a bona fide organization which is affiliated with the religious denomination that is exempt from taxation; and
  3. Applicant must have a qualifying religious occupaion, such that:
    1. Occupation is an activity which relates to a traditional religious function;
    2. It is full time employment;
    3. If within the two years the applicant worked for a different organization than the one petitioning, both organizations must share a common religious doctrine;
    4. They fall under the following categories:
      1. Ministers- people authorized by a recognized religious denomination to conduct religious worship and to perform other duties usually performed by authorized members of the clergy of that religion;
      2. Professional religious position- one for which the minimum requirement is a baccalaureate degree;
      3. Religious vocation- a calling to religious life evidenced by the demonstration of commitment practiced in the religious denomination, such as the taking of vows.


  1. Applicant's work must not be volunteer work;
  2. Applicant's work must not be sporadically paid work.


In order to provide you with the best and most accurate consultation, we recommend that you bring as many of the following information/documents as you can to ensure a productive meeting.

Supporting Documents from Beneficiary

  1. Proof of membership for at least the last two years
  2. Certificate of membership
  3. Certificate of qualification as a minister
  4. Tax documents from previous employment in the U.S.

Supporting Documents of U.S Employer

  1. Proof from the IRS that the organization is tax-exempt
  2. Religious certification for the organization
  3. Payroll records
  4. Budgets 
  5. Evidence that the religious worker will receive room and board