The E-1 Treaty Traders and Employees visa allows qualifying foreign nationals to enter the U.S. to conduct trade between the U.S. and their home country. It is appropriate for executives, managers, or specialists in a treaty nation company operating in the U.S., as well as citizens of a treaty trade country involved in international trade. Tsang & Associates offers a full consular processing service to assist companies and treaty traders in obtaining this visa. We also provide training for companies and individuals that would like to file for the E-1 visa themselves. Our attorneys will assess your circumstances and assist you in meeting the requirements. Consultations are free and we look forward to your visit.


We will prepare an attorney cover letter along with all forms and supporting documents for the E-1 Visa application, including:

  • Mock Consular Interview Training
  • Writing Affidavits
  • Legal Opinion Letter Verifying Ownership
  • Interview Preparation

In short, we provide a start to finish service. Your case is safe with us until the case is complete. 


Legal Fee $5,000

Free Consultation

*Legal Fees vary based on complexity of each case, and the above quoted price represents the amount we charge for a typical case. 



  1. Applicant must be a citizen of a treaty country;
  2. Trading firm applicant is representing must have the nationality of the treaty country, such that persons with the treaty country's nationality must own at least 50 percent of the enterprise;
  3. Substantial international trade, such that there is a sizable and continuous volume of trade;
  4. More than 50 percent of the international trade involved must be between the United States and the treaty country;
  5. Trade involves the international exchange of goods, services, and technology; the title of the trade items must pass from one party to the other;
  6. Applicant must be an essential employee employed in a supervisory or executive capacity, or possess highly specialized skills essential to the efficient operation of the firm. 


  1. Ordinary skilled or unskilled workers do not qualify;
  2. E-1 Visa holders may only engage in employment that is consistent with the terms and conditions of the activities forming the basis for their status.


  1. Application for an E-1 Visa is made directly to a U.S. consulate. There is no need to submit a preliminary petition with USCIS;
  2. Although an initial period of stay of two years is granted to persons coming to the United States in the E-1 category, this period can be extended almost indefinitely;
  3. Regulations require only that E-1 Visa visitors intend to depart when their status terminates;
  4. E-1 Visa visitors do not have to maintain a foreign residence that they have no intention of abandoning;
  5. E-1 visa holders may be admitted with a two-year I-94 even though the visa may be valid for a lesser time. For example, a person with one week left on his E-1 visa may still obtain a two-year I-94 upon entry to the U.S.;
  6. E-1 spouse may obtain employment authorization;
  7. E-1 spouse and children under 21 can also attend school;
  8. E-1 spouse and children under 21 may also receive E-1 status. 



  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium 
  • Bolivia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • China (Taiwan)
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Ethiopia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Honduras
  • Iran
  • Ireland
  • Israel 
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Jordan
  • South Korea
  • Latvia 
  • Liberia 
  • Luxembourg 
  • Macedonia
  • Mexico
  • Netherlands 
  • Norway
  • Oman
  • Pakistan
  • Paraguay
  • Philippines
  • Singapore
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Suriname
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Thailand
  • Togo
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom 


In order to provide you with the best and most accurate consultation, we recommend that you bring as many of the following information/documents as you can to ensure a productive meeting. 

  1. Academic certificate, employment verification of the principal applicant, and a signed statement of intent to depart the US upon termination of status
  2. Articles of incorporation for US business, share certificates and operating agreement to verify ownership
  3. Spreadsheet listing every qualifying transaction of international trade between the treaty countries during the last calendar year (including the date, invoice number, dollar value of the transaction, and the total number and value of these transactions displayed prominently.