The B-2 Tourism Visitors visa is appropriate for those planning to come to the United States for pleasure. It covers visit for: tourism, medical assistance, relatives or friends, participation in conferences, participation in incidental or short courses of study, and participation in amateur arts and entertainment events. B-2 visitors generally are admitted to the United States for an initial admission period of six months. However, port of entry officers can increase or decrease this timeline depending upon a few considerations. Our attorneys will assess your circumstances and assist you in meeting the requirements. Consultations are free and we look forward to speaking with you.


Our attorney will prepare a complete B-2 Visa application, in addition to providing you:

  • Mock Interview Training
  • Attorney Representation
  • Supporting Document Preparation
  • Interview Preparation

In short, we provide a start to finish service. Your case is safe with us until the case is complete. 


Legal Service Fee $1,500

Extension $500

Free Consultation 

*Legal Fees vary based on complexity of each case, and the above quoted price represents the amount we charge for a typical case. 



  1. The applicant must show that the visit to the United States is temporary and for valid activities permitted under the B-2;   
  2. If you are obtaining the B-2 to receive medical treatment in the U.S., then the consular officer may ask for further documentation. This might include the following:
    1. Medical diagnosis from a local physician and an explanation about the need for treatment in the U.S.;
    2. Letter from a physician or medical facility in the U.S. stating they are willing to treat your ailment and an explanation of the projected cost of treatment;
    3. Proof of your financial ability to pay for the treatment. This may be in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns.


  1. The B-2 classification cannot be obtained for the following activities:
    1. Study;
    2. Employment;
    3. Paid performances or any professional performance before a paying audience;
    4. Work as a foreign press, radio, film, journalist, or other information media representative;
    5. Permanent residence in the U.S.;
  2. Stay restricted to around six months upon acquiring the visa and entering the U.S.;
  3. Application must be made at a U.S. consulate, and no USCIS approval is necessary;
  4. Applicant's spouse and children must independently qualify for the B-2;
  5. Applicants must show non-immigrant intent, such as:
    1. Financial arrangements for the trip;
    2. Specificity of trip plans;
    3. Ties to the alien's home country;
    4. Lack of ties to the U.S.

B-2 holders should return to their home country or apply for a visa extension before their I-94 card expires. Failure to extend the visa or return home can result in the current visa being revoked and future visa applications being denied.


If the applicant wants to extend their stay in the U.S., they must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before their authorized stay expires. Check the date in the lower right-hand corner of the Form I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) to determine the date the authorized stay expires. It is recommended to begin this process at least 45 days before the applicant's authorized stay expires.  

After approval:
If approved, applicants can simply stay until the date of granted extension. The applicant will receive a new I-94 card in the approval letter. Upon leaving the U.S., both I-94 cards must be passed on to the airline staff when checking in at the airport. Applicants should save the approval letter, boarding passes and copies of airline tickets to prove that they left on time and were not staying in the U.S. unlawfully.


In order to provide you with the best and most accurate consultation, we recommend that you bring as many of the following information/documents as you can to ensure a productive meeting. 

  1. Passport of the applicant
  2. Evidence of Finances (including bank account or bank manager's letter, employment verification, and ownership of real estate)
  3. Documents from the U.S. sponsor (including proof of immigration status or citizenship, copy of tax return, employment verification, bank statement, and ownership of real statement);
  4. Specific travel plans, such as roundtrip airline tickets, and confirmed hotel reservations
  5. Evidence of Nonimmigrant intent, (including household registration, marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, family photos, health, life or auto insurance.